Sunday, January 2, 2011

The end of an era (or just the end of my holidays)

A three day week ended my stint at work before the holidays. Wednesday morning I left work, and wouldn't return until 2011.

A blessing. and a curse.
I'm one of those people who needs to work, in order to feel like I'm doing something. I need the routine of it all. I need the social aspects of it, and I enjoy (for the most part) my job. BUT. AND HOWEVER. This break has been amazing.

It started, for me, with a series of days, of waking up by 6:30am. I'd get up and have 'Happy Hour' with my folks before they went off to work, I'd come back downstairs, watch some tv, and eventually call Princess so we could go out for breakfast. This happened quite a few times over the last week and a bit.
It feels like I've been off work for much longer than I have, and I think a big part of this feeling is due to the fact that I didn't waste quite as much time as I usually do. I didn't sleep as much. I had a few lazy days, but for the most part, I was up, and at them, and getting things done. Christmas shopping, visiting, a few errads, ect. It was a good break.

I spent some more time with J.
It's been fun learning more about myself, and getting to know her. I worry that I'm a little too crazy for her, but for now she does seem to enjoy riding the crazy with me. She's got an incredibly big heart, and while I've known all along, that on paper, we're a match made in heaven, I'm starting to feel that there could be some literal truth to that. It's nice to meet someone who isn't afraid to talk to me, and who isn't afraid to ask for what she needs.
I hope that I can let go of the last relationship's trauma? enough to trust her. I hope that eventually she can do the same. I think my favourite part is that we are both really into taking things slow. I need this. and i think she does too. I'm glad that we got to spend some more time together.

I would have liked to have spent more time with Baby J. But I did get to see her some. I WILL HAVE to go tubing again, sometime this season, because I had a freaking blast! (who knew?!) Sheller and I didn't REALLY get together, and it would have been nice to get to see Randa as well.
I think that's why I needed to put spend more time with friends on my "achievments of 2011" list.

I'm perfectly happy with the way that I spent the last day of 2010. It was awesome to spend some time with Brother B and his family. We got a little guy time, we chatted until the wee hours of the first day of the new year. Waking up, watching old gang movies, it was brilliant. His folks are incredible, and so welcoming, and ringing in the new year, in our pajamas, watching 90' movies... was awesome.
I wouldn't have had a better time doing ANYTHING else... No pressure, no hype, just a pair of brothers enjoying some time together.
It was beautiful.
and something I hope we do again soon!

Happy New Year. I hope everyone had their own version of my amazing time!

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's back to work I go...
~Agenor

No comments:

Post a Comment