So I was getting up after my late sleep today, around 8pm, and I was thinking to myself "you need to play the change game at work." Weird, but okay....
I got to work, after eating my sub, and fell OUT of my truck, flat on my ass infront of Dean. Deano is an upstanding man, always concerned about others, and while I laughed my (sore and now wet) ass off about falling, Dean was worried I was hurt. I love that fellow.
I get into work, find where I'm working and start up. After a few minutes I realize I lost my pen in the epic fall, so i wander down to my usual workcentre where I have a couple pens hiding. Dean and Andy are working where I normally do, so Dean and I are still laughing about the fall, and I mention to him, that maybe my pen is on the ground by my truck, randomly enough, the two supervisors on their way out for a smoke walk by, and ask me why I'm not at my work station. They both tell me to get to work, and this pisses me off. Yes, I know I'm at work and I'm being paid to do a job, I understand that. Completey. Anyway...
I go back to work, and I bang out 300 parts of the 400 I need to cut and finish 5 layers (I need 33 finished for 100% at the end of the night.)
I wander over to the washroom at break, and run into Dean, the supervisors walk by again, and make a comment about me not being at my workcentre. (they are joking now, and it's kind of funny at this point) har har!
I go back to work after my 30 minute first break (that's double what I'm allowed). I bang out 16 layers of lower (remember I need 33 all night) it's now lunch, and I've got 17 layers left, and 100 parts to cut. Okay. (considering I just did 16 layers, this should be a piece of cake -and it was)
After my 35 minute (20 minute) lunch, I head back to work, working away. Head down, and straight to business, I'm pounding out parts like it's my job... oh wait! I finish. I get the 17 layers done that I need to get done before last break, and I'm also able to cut the last 100 parts that I need to cut.
It's last break and I've got nothing going on after break. (except cleanup, and the like)
I run into supervisor R again, and he makes a funny comment about how once more I'm not in my workstation... yeah yeah... i'm going for break. When I get back from my 25?ish minute (15) break, there he is, waiting for me. Oh yeah.
He gives me shit. He's not a bad guy, I've never had a problem with him, and I don't have a problem now... we chatted for a bit about overtime, and some other things, and he went back to doing whatever it is supervisors do, and I knocked out a few more parts.
I won the change game tonight. I split with a nice lady I work with... th number was 64, I had 65 and she had 63... $56 each.
What a strange day.
Now I'm heading to bed, I have a doctors appoinment at 3:30, and I'm hoping that this afternoon TJ and I can go pick up our tickets for our trip. :)
14 days until Mexico! How awesome!
I'm starting to get excited.
I have yet to reunite with the taning bed... this is going to be a painful burn ;)
~Agnor
No comments:
Post a Comment