Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A smart girl told me to "make the most of it"

I called in tonight.
I got pulled over, for failing to stop at a stop sign. (MY LUCK IS THE WORST SOMETIMES!!) I pulled out, right infront of a cop. (naturally). It's a $110 fine, 3 points, ect. FUCK.
It made me late for work. I was on my way to the grocery store, since I didn't go yesterday before work, and I didn't go on the way home Monday morning. I pulled out, he pulled me over, and there you have it. I called in. I wasn't about to use an E-Day and not have the day off.
I felt guilty about this, and was pissing and moaning, whilst talking to a (seemingly patient) girl online. Her advice? Make the most of it!

Around 2am I decided that I'd go to the gym. I did half an hour of cardio, then I went over to the weight circut at the back, with the machines that make each side work independantly (I always feel like I get the best workout when I use those machines) after a few crunches, I went back on the bike, to cool down... and then after my shower, I heated things up in the taning booth.

How did I feel?
Accomplished. Satisfied. Handsome. Strong. Buff-ish.
I felt good.
When I looked in the mirror, I saw a man that I am proud of. A man reflected in the mirror, a strong man, and a handsome man. A glimpse of the man, that I am (hopefully) on my way to being.

When I turned 23, I realized that I never imagined getting past that age. 23. I wasn't ever supposed to live that long... and I have... Why can't I just settle down a little, and make the most of it? Why can't I appreciate every day for the gift that it is, and enjoy it?

The next few months I'm going to stay off the anti depressants. I'm going to work hard at the gym, and in my life, to make the changes that I need to, in order to live that appreciative life, full of enjoyment, and happiness.

-gym membership put to good use (finally)
-enjoy holiday to the maximum
-start vitamin D (and possibly multi vitamin)
-make plans, and follow through with them (yes i know i dont make plans, but that makes me a very grumpy old man) -speaking of old, I will kill Skunky (the white stripe on my right eyebrow... that should improve things)...

Follow through, is a weaknes. But I'm confident that I can make these changes.
Slow and steady.
and I have the support from family and friends, that I need to make this stuff happen!

I'm so happy that she's such a smart girl, and I'm even more thrilled, that I listened to her.

I made the most of my first E Day of 2011.
*i'm secretly (or not so secretly) hoping to be laid off next week, so that I don't have to use any E-Days for my vacation... (and maybe for my CAMH appointment)*

~Agenor

It is 9 days, 22 hours, 52 minutes until our flight leaves Toronto for Cancun, Mexico!

No comments:

Post a Comment