Monday, July 11, 2011

Wrapping up Summer Vacation

Back to work tonight. Holidays are over. It would appear as though I've FINALLY switched my body from midnight shift to days, but that's how it goes. A busy two weeks. Started by a series of migraines that lead to a week off on sick leave.  No thanks to my disgruntled doctor. At all. -It seems that knowing what you need is a downfall when you walk into his office, ESPECIALLY if it means that he may have to spend an extra 10-15 minutes filling out paperwork for you. He's a prick. End of story.


This Friday is my last appointment at CAMH. I'm excited, and nervous. Seriously freaked out that 5 months has just whizzed by. That I'm only 15lbs lighter than I was at the beginning of this journey, and not really much smaller. I'm freaked out by my lack of commitment, and I'm freaked out by the weight of the coming months, and the realizations that the time is here. After years of waiting for something, it's freaking daunting when it happens to be right in front of you. And yes, I find myself asking: what happens after this?
A free pass to start living my life, free of worries from all the things about myself that are "unfinished?"
The "good" thing about all of this, is that it's a process, that will likely be incomplete for up to 2-3 years... SO... I've got some time to adjust, and to re think my future. *phew* I just can't believe how quickly it's all been sneaking up on me.

Moving princess was the "highlight" of my vacation. Well highlight may not be appropriate, it was almost the extent of my vacation, until this weekend when M came by. I'm so glad he decided to come down and spend the day with me. We don't see each other nearly enough, and it's always so refreshing, from the sounds of it, he had a good time too, and the trip to the beach was *exactly* what he needed too! :) yay!
Bea is a treat, and is loved among our household. It was adorable to see my parents swooning over her. :)
*the cats are the exception, but they were MUCH nicer this time... although Buddy didn't really get a closeup*

I've got a few errands to run today, and I'd like to get to the gym, if only for a little bit of cardio. My health is Not the best it could be for surgery. I'm so disappointed in myself for not coming farther, but I need to be a little nicer, as I've come SOMEWHERE... just not as far as I wanted... in time...
If I focus now, I should be able to get over this hurdle.

The tentative plan:
-lower sugar (pop, candy, ect)
-lower carb intake (simple carbs, like breads, pastas, ect)
-bump up fruit and veggies
-drink lots/more water
-sleep pattern adjustment
-gym (helps so much with energy level... I wish I could remember how much better I feel when I go)
-protein at every meal
-likely drink protein shakes after gym and smoothies in the mornings.
the big thing about the diabetic diet is to eat small meals regularly. Every 4 hours I should be putting something into my mouth...

I have three and a half months until my tentative surgery date. Getting ready is imperative.

No comments:

Post a Comment