I'm working on getting everything in line for surgery. I'm expecting to go under the knife in late September early October -providing my surgeon's office can get everything together. It's exhausting. I'm not a very patient guy either, which makes this process that much more stressful! It'll be okay.
Today was a bit of a wash, in a way. Though I did get my laundry done, and was able to find time to clear off the heaps of filing tossed aside on my desk. (I didn't know that the desktop was white, I couldn't find it through the papers, and pens, and magazines thrown every which way -which stresses me out!)
I had a short list of things to do, and I suppose when all is said and done, there were only two that I didn't get to, so I suppose overall productivity was high for today. I'm a little disappointed that one of the two first things on my list this morning, was my surgery date. I was really hoping to hang up the phone and have a date when I went into work tonight. Sadly, no date. :( It's a combination of poor communication, my inability to stay patient, and the lack of customer service on the other end. The major problem I'm having with this, is that the surgeon I've chosen, has been chosen for a reason. If there were other surgeons doing the same thing, perhaps I would have looked closer at one of them...
I've come to terms with the possibility that I will have to throw down $1000 of my own money to secure a date. If that's what's required then I suppose there isn't much I can do to get around that. It'd be worth it for me to spend that money out of pocket, rather than wait until September 9th, (when I have the official letter in my hand) to book my surgery, and risk getting a surgery date in December, or even January... which would bump my accommodation costs through the roof... So in short paying $1000 for a deposit now, may save me upwards of $3000 in a few months, in accommodations and flights. Phew.... I'm glad I got that out of my system.
I do need to know what the fees will be if OHIP screws around with me at all. I don't know if there are ANY questions in my file or not... or if approval will be straight forward. I suspect that it will be fairly straight forward.
I'm gonna lay down, and stop thinking about this for a little while... work in a couple hours...
~A
No comments:
Post a Comment