In light of the recent "tentative change of plans" that has taken place with my surgery date. *I'm trying to make myself become okay with this* I'm considering moving to Toronto. It sounds crazy and out of place, and outrageous, but I'm actually considering this as a possible option.
It'd be so so so good for me, and with my date possibly being pushed back as much as a year, and as little as 6 months... I think that it'd be good for me to "move on" and start living. I shouldn't be waiting around for surgery to get here.
The one major factor keeping me here, in Stratford is that my job at the factory is fairly secure. As well, when I do EVENTUALLY go off on sick leave, the benefits at the factory allow me to receive 50% of my pay for EVERY day that I'm off (including Saturday and Sunday) while E.I. sick benefits don't allow me the same amount. That being said, living in Toronto, I would have to sell my truck. There would be no sense in keeping Stanley, and the amount that I would pay for city driving with him, would be outrageous. So the money that I'm paying for Stanley would go towards Rent/expenses. (Which I'm fairly certain I could find at a good rate, as I have friends living in TO who have offered to share their space for savings to them, which would be awesome)
Lets go about this the way i always go about things:
PRO TORONTO:
-no need for Stanley = less bills (debt)
-no need for gym membership = less bills
-weight loss due to walking, commuting
-new experience
-chance to gain independance
-a change that would happen between now and surgery
-could be a very positive experience
-hello growth
PRO STRATFORD
-job security - brand new job in TO -overtime/pay rate
-benefits MAY not be as good at new job
-family lives here
-won't be able to pay off entire loan when truck is sold
-
more to follow I am sure.
I need to find more PRO's to Stratford, cause right now, it looks like a rash decision is about to be made...
I applied for ONE job this morning.
~Agenor
No comments:
Post a Comment