Friday, August 19, 2011

Friendship and headaches (completely unrelated: this time)

I *think* today I'm in better shape, I certainly crashed last night around this time, and was set into a doozie of a migraine throughout the entire night, going to bed with the pain at an 8 and waking up with it a little milder, at a 6 out of 10. I didn't do much today. I went to the doctors, and I got some groceries. Not the best choices, but better than what I have been eating, I think... kinda... I'm having a hell of a time getting back on the bandwagon. I'm really hoping to be feeling better next week. Dr. Quackbox kept me off until Monday. I should be heading back to work Monday night all things considering. His point "you'll have to go back to work someone" is a valid one, I do worry about the security of my job. My health has to come first. It's a valid concern. Living in Stratford is only a viable option as long as I'm at the factory. If something happens, and I lose that job, then a move to Toronto may be in my future yet.

Last week when I was migraine free I had a future again. For a couple days anyway. I could have any job I wanted. I could be a dock boy down in the distillery district. I could be a truck driver, driving across country, hell... the military might even take me on, if I could figure out how to get these migraines under control. What i want to know is, the people who DO get migraines, how do they get through their day with one? What am I doing differently?
 
Something awesome happened tonight: Just now. I connected with K. For a brief moment in time, one of my best friends and I were in the same space in cyberspace. God how that woman grounds me, and she doesn't even realize it. She's up north. Resolute Bay (Alert?) I need to spend a day with her when she comes home. She's way too busy, it's crazy trying to keep up with her, and a day spent talking, isn't active enough for her, but it's exactly what i want. That being said, to spend a day running around would be fine too! :)
Just a day.

I did a Tarot reading tonight. There are not definitive answers tonight, but I haven't been treating my cards as well as I usually do, so that's to be expected, after a couple nights under my pillow they'll be happier, and a little more specific. :) A good reading overall, I'm heading in the right direction, and I was able to use my heartbreak to grow, yay! Also: apparently I don't let people in. lol
news to me! har har!

I think I'm going to watch a movie, and hopefully turn in early-ish tonight. I'd like to get a massage tomorrow if I can get an appointment.
~Agey

No comments:

Post a Comment