So here it is. I don't know what exactly I'd like to say, and I'm not fully aware of how I'm going to say it. There's a lot. (there usually is)
One thing I've been noticing is: that I'm living more presently. I'm trying a hell of a lot harder to live in the moment, and appreciate it for what it is. I have watched the clouds pass, spent afternoons with friends, went on those coffee dates that I wouldn't normally go on, and tried to make those connections that make me feel.
The best advice I have EVER been given: don't do something unless it makes you feel. And while a whole lot of everyday life is mundane, and emotionless, it doesn't ALL have to be. Standing in Princess' kitchen today, with ice cubes in a glass pouring some Coke from a 2L bottle over top of the crackling ice cubes I smiled a big smile and proclaimed that this was my favourite part of today. And it was. Delicious, and sensuous. I could hear the crackling, could smell the Coke, feel the bubbles and my god the Taste and the way the fizz felt going down my throat: perfection.
Last weekend I sat down and learned about scotch with R, and enjoyed myself. I listened, learning as much as I could, and while I may not remember *everything* I certainly retained more information than I normally would. Whether it's my lack of deadlines, and infinite time, or it's the fact that I really don't have anything going on, and am trying to find things to fill my time... something is working and I'm really enjoying.
One thing that I need to be better at: Respecting other people's time. I've noticed in the last couple of days that I haven't been as respectful of other folk's time. I know that sometimes I may have a good excuse, but the reality is MOST things I have control over... A little more consideration for other people wouldn't kill me, and it may improve my relationships a little more. I'm getting there.
I had a good birthday, hit a few bumps in the road, and have lots to talk about, but i'm losing concentration at warp speed, so before I can't type another word:
G'night
~Agenor
No comments:
Post a Comment