Friday, September 2, 2011

A means to an end

We talked lots, my roommate and I, about lots of things. We always do, and I love it. We talk about lots of things, but one thing I want to focus on right now is: lifestyle expectations, and consequences. To put this simply (as my already over exhausted head can't take much more than simple) The things that I want: surgery, a nice truck, freedom, a puppy. My job: factory work. Does it afford me the luxuries and lifestyle that I want, and am accustomed to? YES. My job is a means to an end.

Would many other jobs afford me the same luxuries? Of course. Am I qualified for them? Not really, no. Without a university education, I'm having a hard time finding a job that is suitable for me, that isn't in a factory. That being said, I *could be* well above a factory job. I am the type of person who is good at *almost* anything I do, and I learn quickly. Physical labour is hard on the body, and by the time I reach a retirement age I will be a broken bodied man. (well if I'm SUPPOSED to be thinking about RRSP's I might as well be thinking about my poor body, too!)
Anyway, the end result of all of my thinking about Toronto, as much as I've loved spending my summer there, is that I can't get the same means to my end there. *sigh*

And, I think that's all i've got tonight.
ironic that i'm stressing about money but sitting in a hotel room in Barrie, that my friend and I rented for 4 nights $400 /2, (i'm stressing about money) and we saw a $40 play (i'm stressing about money) last night's pizza cost us each $17 (i'm stressing about money) and we still have two more meals to pay for (i'm stressing about money) and i'm going to need a tank of gas to get us home (i'm stressing about money)

I've got to say, how much I am looking forward to getting back to work, getting into some kind of a routine, and getting shit taken care of. Eating better, exercising a little, and just feeling better again. I've gained 15lbs since I've been off work. Holy shit. Being lethargic, lazy, and eating lots of crap food, and drinking more than my weight in coke... bad bad boy!

next week will be better!:)

~Agenor

1 comment:

  1. I say, if we can't be full time roommates, we keep the title cause we'll still be weekend/part-time roommates.

    See you soon, roomy!

    ReplyDelete