I really should update. Not because SO MUCH has happened, but because something has happened. I went back to work. Instead of the parade complete with streamers, and bells, and clowns on unicycles, perhaps, we can acknowledge it and move on. I'm scared shit-less. I got my first written warning. My first discipline ever in the factory. It's for attendance. My percentage is 1.3% (we're allowed 1%). I've used up my E-Days, I've been on S&A, I've called in twice for personal days, (one of those days was November 15th 2009) holy fuck get OVER it! and I missed a half day (because my supervisor wouldn't give me PERMISSION to leave *i had a killer migraine that I worked through for 3 hours, and then we ran out of work, he had no work for me, and instead of standing around with my thumb up my ass I decided to leave) HOLY FUCK give it up.
Anyway.
I'm not in trouble yet, but because of all of this, the next few times that I leave work, or call in and it's not S&A or an E-Day I need to be aware that it WILL lead me to a write up. (after a write up is a 1 day suspension, and after the 1 day, is a 3 day) when you get that far, they just fire you. You're clearly not learning your lesson.
I will enlist the union to help protect me if I need to. All of this is dependent on my health the next year or so.
I have NO IDEA what surgery will look like. JUST putting it out there. Will I be able to work between my 2nd delay and my release? What will happen when the expanders are in? Will I be going back to work then? How much pain will I be in? What happens if I can't go back to work, and I use up all my E-Days again? How will I manage with my migraines AND my surgery stuff? Good God. I'm in for a stressful bit of time.
The plus side? I feel really good. I got through tonight, and it was an accomplishment. I did well, I got rate, and while I had the write up, it didn't come as a surprise, and I wasn't in a huff about it, it's fine. The supervisor was good too. AND now I know that the lady watching me, is in fact the supervisor. lol tomorrow, I'll remember that...
I'm thinking about size. Trying to decide what I want to ask for, and what seems reasonable. This is crazy. No boy should have to choose this. lol
We're totally irresponsible...
I'm trying so hard to be realistic, and logical. (and I think i'm doing a good job... even tho i have friends egging me on... to be crazy!) ... it's so daunting.
EVERYDAY. FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. NO CHANGE IN SIZE. ALWAYS. 100% OF THE TIME. holy fuck that's scary!
It shouldn't be.
Maybe.
I'm grounded. That's good.
Grounding is good. It means I really am ready, even if there's a few minor things I haven't worked out in my head... I'm ready.
More ready than I ever thought I'd be, which is likely a good thing, considering my flight leaves in 24 days.
HOLY FUCK!
~Agenor
Go big, you can always reduce a few months later.
ReplyDeleteI couldn't get as big as I wanted, one of us should. :0p