Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The end of sick leave, and the beginning of hard work ahead

Well, it's over. My work-free summer is over. I talked to my HR rep this afternoon after my doctor's appointment, and I'm going back to work tomorrow. There's still so much that I'd like to get done before I go back, like clean out my truck, get groceries, do a few errands, but all of that is manageable. One thing I've learned is that I'm not very good at time management. I think a big part of that, is while I'm working, I'm always worried about not enjoying my time off, so I'm slow to make commitments, or plans for fear that I'll change my mind, and simply want to spend time alone. I think that as long as I keep SOME time for myself, that I'd like to try to get a little better with my relationships outside of work.

I'm looking forward to making some money. A paycheck WILL be a nice thing to have. All of the monies I receive from my insurance for being off work, is going straight back to TJ. It's part of his money that he put aside for savings. I'd like to pay off my credit card (again) and then work on banking banking banking for AZ. I should be able to. I need to cool it on the fast food/ restaurant eating, but with going back to work, I think that will be easy. I looked at some of my money last week, and realized that I took out over $800 in cash for the month of August. Holy fuck, what was I spending my cash on? I spent over $300 at eating establishments (on debit, that's NOT including the stuff I paid cash for) It's not too terribly bad when I consider my ON DEBIT gas was only 170, and my misc spending (on Debit) was only 150, so clearly a lot of the cash went to that. It was crazy. When I was going through bankruptcy I spent a lot of my time understanding WHERE exactly my money was going. I think starting this month (September) I'm going to really try to watch where my money goes, and keep track.

My weight is up. Yes, I know, I've been off work for two months, but I was really disappointed, when I spent the first few weeks in Toronto walking around everywhere, trying to limit the Cash I was spending on TTC, and trying to get a litt1`le exercise. Totally bummed out when I saw the scale go up, instead of down. NOW it's safe to say that I have gained back ALL of the weight that I lost when I was on the weight watchers program. The only major problem I have with this, is that it's NOW September. I will be receiving my letter of approval in the next week. (I should have it by Friday) Which means I can book my surgery date. Two of my "major complaints" right now are: money and my weight. I need to sort both out before my surgery date. SO: as much as I would LOVE to have my surgery start in October, I'm not sure that I can lose 15lbs (which is what I was down to before) AND have 3,000 saved up. (I figure 3,000 will cover 3 months of hotel (at 650/month) and 1 flight out of Toronto (600) -I'm not convinced that it will be less expensive to fly out of Detroit, considering the parking fees...

So while, I'm a little anxious about going back to work, I'm also slightly excited. It hasn't QUITE hit me yet, that I'll be going back in 15 hours, but if I think about it too much, I think my stress will rise. I need to do everything I can to get a good nights sleep tonight and wake up after 8 hours of sleep. I had a bit of a migraine today, due to over sleep. I feel like I wasted my day as well. My room is in NO better a state than it was when I went to bed, in fact, it's likely in a worse state.
Things I want to do before I go back to work:
-groceries
-clean stanley out
-fill prescriptions
-do my shot
-print off my bank statement and forward to Sunlife (they made a minor mistake that cost me an NSF charge)
-file for reimbursement for my massage (yay for health insurance)
-start the pushup challenge (tomorrow morning?)

things I got done today:
-doctors' appointment -took me two tries
-the journal entry I wanted to do (you're reading it)
-my laundry
-i started my migraine journal, so I can keep some kind of track
-and MOST of my laundry is done
-i also got through the clothes that Benny sent home with me :)**motivation to lose a few inches**
-i watched Billy Maddison for the first time, and I also watched "alone in my house... with you" cute.

This is a picture of the OUTDOOR swimming pool that was at the hotel in Barrie. If you look closely you can see an Al on the far right hand side... walking away... This will be the last time that I swim in an outdoor pool for the next (possibly) couple of years... All going well it will be well worth it...

I should do what I can to get the most out of the indoor swimming pools in the area.

~Agenor


No comments:

Post a Comment