Wow. Whirlwind weekend. So lucky am I to have such AMAZING people in my life. How lucky to have inspiring people in my life, who want to be a part of mine.
How lucky.
I got to see *ALMOST* all of my important people.
I wish I'd have found the time earlier to write down the things I want to write down. Right now, the tv in the background is destroying my train of thought.
I'm a quiet guy, and find 90% of the time I don't even listen to music when updating my blog.
I finally got in touch with parts of my elite that I have been missing for quite some time.
Friday night: I had dessert with my good friend Sally and her partner Mackenzie. Good to meet Mackenzie, and get to know her a little, also good to catch up with Sally. She moved across the country and was here for a short visit. So glad I got to catch up with her. M@ came in later on, and we had an amazing weekend visit. He worries about having low energy, and I'm just thankful for the break. The last couple of weeks have been insanity. After staying up until the wee hours of the morning, we had a late start the "next day" and what a day.
Good/Bad/Ugly. I was in quite a mood. I was a little disgruntled by the stories that I make up in my head. I spent most of the day seemingly waiting around for a phone call/text message. Finally at 6pm I met up with my friends. My elite. And after about three minutes of awkwardness (coming from both sides) it was just like we picked up where we left off last time. Matt introduced me to Sims Social, and damnit. lol time was wasted, and has been wasted since then. :) I ran into Stacey A in the parking lot at IGA, and we chatted for a couple minutes, and the same thing happened when I saw Lise at the kiwanis centre while I was waiting for Chris and Les. :) A-mazing.
I rushed home to a fire that my Dad built in the backyard, and enjoyed the time we spent around the fire. Joclynn was our guest of honour. Matt was FINALLY able to enjoy a fire with us, and Staci and Sheller came as well. Dad (the builder of the fire) naturally tended to the fire, and was the life of the party. Mom and Dianne came over after bingo, and Dougie came a little earlier as well, to partake in my "going away fire."
Sunday: we woke up just before dinner. We had an epic battle here, as my brother had a freak out due to a puppy situation (and his inability to cope with ANYTHING outside of his realm of "what he wants") and then we had a good dinner. Turkey and all the fixin's. Everyone had a nap after, and once everything settled down, Dad went back to bed, Matt headed home and Mom and I went bowling. I had a pretty good triple. A good game too. 296. :)
Monday: I woke up, packed up, and headed down to Toronto for the afternoon/evening.
Spending a second Turkey dinner with the Brisland family, and enjoying the company to the MAX! Trying afterwards to explain what it felt like the best I could come up with was: it's like getting this amazing bear hug for 4 hours, and then all of a sudden walking out of it... you're so immersed, that you don't want to leave. I tell you, Benny: I could stay there forever. :)
I stopped off at TJ's and ended up bringing him home. He's been here since (hence the TV in the background) and now I'm just getting ready for my third last day of work before Arizona. :) Holy cow! How lucky am I?
~Agenor
6 days till surgery
No comments:
Post a Comment