Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Five Things:

The original entry can be found at http://jesushas2daddies.blogspot.com/ (author gave thumbs up for sharing his blog) and it was turned into a meme on LJ and now FB.
A green backpack is given with the instructions to find five items that represent me.
The items:

1. Blackberry "Torchy"
2. Swim Trunks
3. Sunshine Angel Pin
4. a Mitch Albom book
5. Notebook and Pen

1. The Blackberry shows many things about me, but first and foremost my inability to be alone. While I pride myself in being an introvert, I must confess that the only solo lunch dates I have been on in the past decade (which is the only time I've ever tried btw) I have spent the majority of the time in someone else's company via my trusty Blackberry. It also represents my appreciation/interest in technology. Something I love.

2. I love to swim. The trunks represent many many things, but first and foremost freedom. To me, there is nothing more freeing than  swimming in a lake (preferably at sunset). Feeling the cold water splashing against my bare chest... it's incredible.

3. My grandmother gave me a Sunshine Angel pin before she passed away. This represents my deep love for the past. For my foundation. This also represents one of the most important people in my life. Someone whom loved me unconditionally and so fiercely.  I don't expect EVER to find anyone on this Earth who will ever come close to loving me as much as that lady did.  And how lucky am I to have had her undivided attention? :)

4. I love this man's writing. But what I love more about his books, than the actual writing is the way that they make me feel. They make me challenge myself a little. They push me outside of my emotional box. They invite me to feel more spiritual than I did the moment before, and encourage me, to write.

5. I am a writer. Whether I nurture it or not, whether I indulge in it or not... it is a part of who I am. Being a writer simply because I'm a feeler. What better way to capture a moment than writing down the feelings invoked?

What about you? What five items best describe you?

~Agenor

No comments:

Post a Comment