Sunday, December 26, 2010

Obligatory Christmas Entry - a day late

Well, there you have it. Another Christmas come and gone. It's funny in my family, to see the celebrations unfold. It's very simple, and by all accounts, I should enjoy it, but for some reason this is one holiday season that I could do without. I suggest that one year, I take off somewhere hot, and have drinks by the water, whilst getting a sunburn. I think that'd be an AMAZING Christmas!

All I would like for that Christmas would be enough cash to buy drinks. Oh wait... all inclusive resorts... Dear santa can I have some one dollar bills? please and thank you.

Someday I will avoid the "hustle and bustle." I think in order to avoid it all I'm going to have to bolt the country, and set up camp in my beach chair by the end of October, middle of November at the latest.

It's the buildup. I'm going to describe it like bad sex. It's the sex that you're kinda looking forward to, that you're wanting pretty bad, (or not, you don't even have to want it real bad). You jump into bed with this hot hot woman, you start fooling around, and afterwards you just feel empty. You feel hollow and empty. That's what I felt like all day yesterday!

Moping around. I tried, I did. Sincerly. I tried eating, and showering -neither of those seemingly flawless remedies helped. I'm sure waking up with a migrane christmas day was not a mood enhancer either...

We are a family of 4 -5 since my brother got married. My parents both living together (loving each other like crazy), my younger brother, 4 years younger, and his wife, oh and me. We have two cats, who provide endless cuddles and entertainment, and my dad's sister, comes over occasionally for the big meals. It's nice to have her here.

So I am blessed. Family is something that I do have, and when you take a step back, I'm damned lucky to have them all in one piece. (God doesn't give you more than you can handle! - this is true!)

I have a multitude of friends. Some who get it, some who don't. They love me anyway. And we had a turkey on the table complete with stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, veggies, rolls... everything you could want at a traditional meal. (I am a turkey guy ALLL the way!)

I spent some time in the evening in amazing company. Friends of the family since before I was born, D&D. We did a little Christmas exchange, which was awesome, and then laughed for a couple hours, as the parents reminised about the crazy things we did as kids. Prank calls that C made, and my "creative expression" when I decided to "fingerpaint" with the contents of my diaper. :)
A little picasso! ;) -not quite! haha

I love to hear those stories about early in my life, and see how much my parents loved me then. Compared with the ways they love me now, and it's so amazing.

Today is a day full of shopping. I've wiped the frown off my face, it left as soon as the clock struck... 1:58am ;) this morning... I'm looking forward to some deals. There are a few things that I could use...
Maybe some fun things that I don't really need, too. :)

It will be a good day.

I haven't mentioned yet. (this is ONLY my second entry, but it's only fair) that there's a lady in my life. I woke up to the most peaceful text message yesterday morning, it was so beautiful. So simple. It made me want to wake up where she was... I'm taking things slow. *I think* and trying to be a little more careful with my heart. *i'm sorry J!* and letting go of the past. The past is the past for a reason, and it's so refreshing to be able to explore the future with a beautiful, charming, intelligent LOCAL girl! Who is just as amazing as I am, and deserves the good things that I can give her.

I'm looking forward to continuing getting to know her over the next few months, but I've mentioned before *though not here* that this is NOT my kiss and tell journal, this is a blog.

So to recap:
-I don't talk about sucking face here.
-I'm going boxing day shopping with Princess, and looking forward to some good deals. (and maybe lunch)
-I am a lucky man with many blessings. Including, but not limited to: health, a loving family, and friends, a beautiful holiday dinner, and an attractive girl to make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside...
-Christmas is a difficult time for me, it feels like bad sex.
-today is not Christmas. It's boxing day, and I'm making new memories with my friends. (new and old)


~Agenor

No comments:

Post a Comment