Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A day in the life...

It's funny how quickly you can stop something. Almost as quickly as you started. Sometimes quicker! :)  The high low was a nice way for me to keep writing, but for some reason, I stopped finding the time. I DO have another blog, a little less anonymous, so while it would appear as though I'm not writing AT ALL... I'm cheating... I am.

My migraines are back. Full force. That's been the last week, or so. Up for work, five minutes later can't see properly, realizing I'm getting an aura, calling into work. Three days in a row. Brutal. I go to the doctor an ask to get some paperwork filled out, so that he can take me off work, and he freaks out on me, telling me that it's bureaucratic bullshit, and he never has the chance to practice medicine anymore, because he's always filling out paperwork. I'm not sure WHERE he thought he was, or if he forgot that he was in his office (with the door wide opened, thank YOU Mr.Confidentiality! Telling me that he can't just "take someone off work" whenever they feel like it. I'm trying to explain to him, that everyday that I've missed so far has been brutal, and I've been plagued with a migraine with aura. "they don't just last five days." Yeah I understand. They're not lasting five days, they're stopping for 12 hours and then coming back. What can I do? I'm doing everything I'm supposed to be doing. (well amost)

I'm hoping that since I'm now off until the second week of August (that's two weeks) that maybe I'll have some reprieve. Maybe I'll be able to get myself back on a regular sleep pattern. (sad to report that so far I've slept the ENTIRE Day! I'm completely backwards!) It's a challenge to say the least.  Being on midnights, that is.

Anyway, I'm going to entertain myself for a couple hours, watching house and any other movies I get my hands on... I'll try the drugging method around 4, if I'm still up.

~A

2 comments: